Treating the Person not the Disease
Our current health care system is broken. We need to move away from the conventional failure of chronic disease management toward an emerging paradigm that treats the person with the “dis-ease” rather than the named disease or label. We strive to build partnerships that empower you to take control of your health. We pledge to treat YOU – the individual standing in front of us.
Free Webinar: What is Functional Medicine?
Free Webinar: Functional Medicine Approach to Hormones
Functional Medicine 1st Visit
Your first visit will include:
- Consult, medical history, and physical examination
- Goal and need's assessment
- Food diary review
- Diagnostics: blood, urine, saliva, bioenergetic AO testing, heart rate variability (HRV) and body composition to help identify vitamin-mineral deficiencies, toxicity, pH, adrenal-stress status, malabsorption or leaky gut, bacterial-yeast overgrowth, water hydration levels, true biological age, organ system dysfunction, cellular dysfunctions, hormonal status, mitochondrial-related concerns, brain health, food sensitivities, immune challenges, bone mass, and more.
You won't find a more comprehensive 1st visit functional medicine consult, exam, and diagnostics.
Your subsequent visits can include any of the following:
- Report of findings: a summary of your past health, emerging causes, and a map of recovery
- Meal planning and diet guidance
- Health and Life Coaching
- Supplemental customization
- Hormonal reprogramming
- Mitochondrial resuscitation (energy)
- Gut restoration (the 5R protocol): remove, repair, reinoculate good bacteria, replace lost nutrients, and rebalance
- Detoxification strategies: fasting mimicking diet, juicing, bio-hacks, and more
- Stress management techniques including coherence exercises for aligning brain-heart-respiration
- Subconscious reprogramming - break those habits!
- Advanced in-office treatments such as EWOT (exercise with oxygen therapy), red-far-infrared light, PEMF (pulsed electromagnetic frequency), vibroacoustic therapy (sound bed), RIFE (radiofrequency therapy) and more!
- Ozone and chelation therapy
- Full dimensional prescriptions (PERMS): physical, emotional, relational, mental, spiritual, epigenetic, environment)
You won't find a more comprehensive treatment plan anywhere!
We have access to the most advanced functional medicine diagnostics available:
- Specialized autoimmune testing
- Genetic and Epigenetic testing
- Mold, Lyme, and other hidden infections
- Heavy metals and other environmental toxins
- Full hormonal panels: thyroid (including Hashimoto's), sex hormones, and stress hormones
- Adrenal Stress Index (ASI)
- Comprehensive digestive stool analysis (CDSA)
- Organic Acids Test (OATS)
- Food allergies and sensitivities
- Anti-aging and longevity markers for optimal wellness
- Inflammatory markers
- Neurotransmitters and brain health
- And so much more!
Our Three Step Process
We combine the best of functional, integrative, and holistic medicine alongside ancient wisdom practices for the most comprehensive and individualized treatment approach available. We examine all the physical and non-physical components influencing your unique gene expression. We work to optimize your aging (quality of life), longevity (quantity of life), fulfilment (inner peace and happiness), and guide you towards preventative strategies to protect your most precious asset – your health. Our three-step process involves:
- Identify and remove excesses. Examples include infections (viruses, bacteria, mold, etc.), environmental toxins (heavy metals, pesticides, herbicides, etc.), excessive mind chatter (“the monkey mind), emotional burdens, and more
- Identify and nourish deficiencies. Examples include vitamin-mineral deficiencies, unmet universal needs (safety, security, love and belongingness, self-esteem, etc.), limiting beliefs, and more
- Identify and balance traumas, stressors, blocks, interferences, and the systems of the body (gastrointestinal, endocrine-hormonal, etc.) through a process called coherence
The New Health Equation: Causes=Effects
This simple equation holds profound implications for your health and wellness journey. In short, the law of the universe is not cause and effect but rather causes and effects. If you follow the former, it may lead you astray, causing you to become blindsided, putting all your faith, hope, and trust in just one treatment approach such as the “one drug, one disease” model. If you embrace the later, your treatment will be all-inclusive, allowing you the benefit of a compounding multi-dimensional approach that explores all dimensions of health: physical, emotional, mental, relational, spiritual, environmental, and genetic.
Consider our body’s intelligence—we have fifty to one-hundred trillion cells in the human body, with something like 100,000 to 200,000 reactions occurring each second in every cell. The number of simultaneous reactions is quite literally breathtaking and mind-boggling. So, are we really that arrogant to believe that healing comes from a spoonful of medicine? That we can coordinate this power? Instead of believing we can micromanage the fifty to one-hundred trillion cells from the outside, we should be striving to harness the wisdom and intelligence of the body. The power that made the body can heal the body.
The goal of any treatment is to remove the obstacles that are limiting, restricting, and resisting this power. As we identity, remove, nourish, and balance excesses, deficiencies, traumas, and stressors we can work WITH rather than against these healing powers.
The Healing Continuum
Our health is not static. Rather, health is in a constant state of dynamism and flux. We must move away from a binary “you either do or do not have a disease” to a more granulated continuum. The pathological conventional health continuum is a simplified movement from sick to not sick. It tricks us into thinking that if we are not sick (e.g., no symptoms), then we must be well. It also tricks us into thinking if our blood work is normal – we must not have any issues! We need, however, to look at the following example to understand the dangers of adhering to such a belief. Suppose, for example, two people are standing in front of you. One is bleeding, their skin is red, and in pain (a paper cut). The other presents without any symptoms (undiagnosed metastatic cancer). Who is “sick?”
A more nuanced healing continuum goes above and beyond ideas of “the average,” “not sick,” and “no symptoms.” The new continuum measures success on whether we are thriving rather than just surviving or maintaining. It encourages measures that help with regeneration of tissues, fulfillment, and actualization of human potential on all dimensions.
Get Quality Functional Medicine in Jacksonville, FL
If you live in or around Jacksonville and you are considering functional medicine, contact our team at Jacksonville Health & Wellness Center today at (904) 268-6568 to schedule a consultation. We will answer any questions you may have and create a treatment plan that is designed to meet your personal health goals.