Detoxification and hermetic practices
Types of Detox Programs
We offer a customized detoxification program based on your needs, symptoms, goals, and diagnostic testing (blood, urine, saliva, and bio-energetic testing). These include:
- specialized diets
- juice cleanses and other liquid-based diet
- supplements supporting all organs of elimination (liver, kidney, colon, etc.)
- coffee and wheat grass enemas
- colon hydrotherapy recommendations
- environmental protection from EMFs and recommendations on cleaning products, air/water purification, and hygiene products
Types of Hermetic Practices
- Heat (e.g., infrared sauna) and cold therapies (e.g., cryotherapy)
- Oxygen saturation and hypoxia
How Detox and Hermetic Practices Work
- They set the stage for the next level of healing as previous energies, tied up in maintenance, repair, and elimination, are now free to be used for regenerative purposes. In short, autophagy (clean-up) and stem cell production are enhanced.
- They increase antiaging and longevity gene activation.
- They counteract the following aberrant physiological processes: inflammation, dysbiosis (overgrowth of "bad" bacteria), abnormal cell growth, environmental (pesticides, herbicides, etc.) and biotoxin (yeast, bacteria, viruses, parasites) accumulation, and immune dysregulation.
- They help purify the cells, tissues, organs, blood, and lymph. They decrease and eliminate the body’s overall toxic burden and free the body of self-poisoning or autointoxification (a process that occurs when the toxic load of the body is greater than the body’s capacity for elimination).
Feeling your best is only possible when your body functions as it should. Being bogged down by toxins makes the body sluggish. When you get rid of those toxins, you’ll notice that your body isn’t as sluggish. You’ll have more energy, feel better, and be able to focus more.
Besides just feeling your best, you’ll look your best. Providing your body with vital nutrients and eliminating toxins gives you younger-looking skin and can get you to a healthier body weight. Some of the many benefits include help with:
- Brain fog
- Candida or tongue coating
- Difficulties with sleep
- Anxiety or depression
- Weight challenges
- Heartburn or constipation
- Lack of vitality
- Leaky gut syndrome
- And more!
What is Hormesis?
Hormesis is best understood and defined by its opposite, the traditional dose-response curve. The traditional curve tells us that the more you take of a substance, the greater the effect and vice versa (e.g., drugs and alcohol). By contrast, hormesis is the phenomenon whereby small things produce greater than expected changes and effects.
Well-known examples include vaccines and homeopathic medicines. In this light, small amounts of a potentially noxious substance (if given at higher doses) create larger than expected positive and protective results. These smaller doses help to inoculate and strengthen one’s adaptability for a future noxious encounter.
Hormesis presents us with one of life’s paradoxes. Namely, certain bad stressors, in small amounts, are advantageous and can increase survival, reverse aging, and increase longevity. In other words, intermittent exposure to extreme stressors (rather than chronic exposure) can unexpectedly turn a so-called bad stressor into a good stressor.
A well-known example is exercise. Initially, the stress load (e.g., weightlifting) causes muscular tears and inflammation. Hours and days later, however, the body responds with compensatory changes that make the muscles stronger and your cardiovascular system more efficient.
From the works of David Sinclair to Italian-American biogerontologist and cell biologist Valter Longo and many others, it appears hormesis activates very specific longevity genes (e.g., mTOR, Sirtuins, and AMPK) that move us through the healing continuum from degeneration to autophagy to cellular regeneration.
Let’s look at a few hermetic examples. Starvation is destructive to an organism. Intentional, intuitive, and controlled fasting, however, is one of the greatest antiaging and longevity tools known to man and womankind. We move away from an endless barrage of snacking and meals to allow the body to move through the healing continuum more efficiently and with greater frequency. Adversity and trauma, for some, can be redirected into fuel for growth, purpose, and resiliency. Finally, extremes of heat or cold will kill us, while optimal exposure (e.g., infrared saunas and cryotherapy) can be health-promoting.
In short, chronic exposure to bad stressors that extend past our ability to adapt or recover is destructive to our health (e.g., an injury versus exercise). On the other hand, optimal, intermittent, controlled, and deliberate exposure to certain extremes of bad stressors turns on autophagy, stem cell production, antiaging, and longevity genes. As the saying goes, what doesn’t kill us makes us stronger and more adaptable.
Contact Jax Health & Wellness Today
The team at Jax Health & Wellness is here to provide you with a full range of functional medicine services in the Jacksonville, FL, area. Give us a call at 904-268-6568 to get started with a customized program that enables you to take control of your health.